Bienvenue sur le site du LRCCP Laboratoire de Recherches
et de Contrôle du Caoutchouc et des Plastiques

LOG LRCCPv3

History

The LRCCP was created at the end of 1942 in order to provide a technical center for the French rubber industry. For nearly 70 years, this laboratory has been meeting its clients' ever-changing needs. Coordinated by a small, adaptable and responsive team, the quality of its services has made it the leading rubber expert for a large number of industrial operators working in sectors as varied as the aeronautical, space, offshore, nuclear and medical industries, not forgetting the automotive sector.

  • 1942 - 1945: The LRCCP is created in October 1942. In 1943, it moves into premises at the Conservatoire national des Arts et Métiers (CNAM). In the context of a hardship economy, it provides technical expertise for the public authorities responsible for the distribution of raw materials. It is originally referred to as the LRCC, with the "P" for plastic subsequently added in 1985.
  
  • 1945: The LRCC ceases to be overseen by the French Ministry of Industrial Production and becomes a business establishment. The Syndicat national du caoutchouc (French National Rubber Association) is responsible for its management.
  
  • Start of the 1950s: The LRCCP leaves the CNAM premises and initially moves to the Rue de Briançon in the 15th arrondissement (district) of Paris, before moving onto the Rue de Ridder in the 14th, and then to the Rue Carvès in Montrouge (Val-de-Marne) in the 1960s.
  
  • 1950: The LRCCP's team expands. It now has around twenty staff who perform an increasing number of public activities and private studies. The LRCCP must rise to a dual challenge: inspecting the new types of rubber originating from the USA and helping to develop new applications.

  • 1955: The LRCCP signs an agreement with the Institut français du pétrole (French Petroleum Institute). The aim is to discover new manufacturing processes for raw materials derived from petroleum and used in the composition of synthetic rubber.

  • Start of the 1960s: The proliferation of scientific papers from the LRCCP bears witness to the rubber industry's interest in atomic energy: testing of the properties of rubber after irradiation, design of new vulcanization methods using gamma rays etc.

  • 1966: The LRCCP performs a study for the European space research organization on the resistance of polymers to cosmic radiation. This service marks the start of a long series of works carried out for this activity sector.

  • 1973: The LRCCP estimates the energy savings that can be made in the rubber processing industry. In addition, studies concerning the recovery of rubber wastes are performed more frequently. 

  • 1980s: In response to the growth of the AIDS epidemic, the LRCCP participates in the development of a standard for the male condom. A test facility to be used for the approval of commercially available condoms is installed on the LRCCP's premises.

  • 1985: The LRCCP, along with the IFOCA (Institut national de formation et d’enseignement professionnel du caoutchouc - French National Vocational Training and Education Institute in Rubber Technology) leave their premises in Montrouge (Val-de-Marne) and move into new buildings at 60 Rue Auber in Vitry sur Seine (Val-de-Marne). The SNCP joins them in 1986.

  • 1985: The LRCCP gains its letter "P" for plastic. This addition to the acronym reflects its focus on all polymer materials.

  • 1987: The LRCCP is chosen by the Transmanche consortium. Its mission? To study the long-term behavior forecasts for tunnel joints offered by different international manufacturers. A test method is developed which remains an international benchmark to this day.

  • 1980s: The LRCCP's teams work on the Hermès shuttle project and the Ariane V program.

  • 1990s: Creation of an LRCCP department dedicated to polymer mechanics and structural design.

  • 2000: LRCCP appraisal of the Concorde aircraft tire rubber after the accident at Gonesse in July.

  • 2008: Alliance between the LRCCP and the CETIM (French Technical Center for the Mechanical Industry), which now, along with the SNCP (French National Rubber and Polymer Industry Association) jointly finance studies of general interest for the rubber industry.

  • 2008 - 2009: Ambitious investment plan designed to equip the LRCCP with the latest-generation testing and implementation equipment: 

 

arrow-1High-performance internal mixer
arrow-1Metravib DMA+450 visco-analyzer
arrow-1Gas chromatograph combined with GC/MS mass spectrometry 
arrow-1Scanning electron microscope (SEM) combined with X-ray micro-analysis(EDX)
arrow-1Equipment for cold testing (Elastocon)
arrow-1Zwick 2100 dynamometer
arrow-1Aging chambers


  • 2010: The LRCCP implements a new optimized operational organizational system.


 downloadFor further details, download the complete document on the history of the LRCCP 

Download the document

Contact

Laboratoire de Recherches et de Contrôle du Caoutchouc et des Plastiques

60, Rue Auber 94408 Vitry-sur-Seine

+33 1 49 60 57 57

Suivez-nous !
Facebook
Twitter
linkedin
linkedin